- Illinois eviction moratorium ends soon, a non-profit ready to helpby seanlisitza on March 18, 2021 at 1:06 am
CREVE COUR, Ill. (WMBD) — Illinois residents have about 18 days to get a plan together if they haven’t been paying their rent. It’s been 12 months since Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker …
- IDES fraud problem is easy to solve, experts sayby Matt Roy on February 24, 2021 at 8:21 pm
The Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) was underfunded, understaffed, and underprepared at the beginning of the pandemic. Now, nearly a year into the pandemic, there are still issues with getting claimants their benefits — mainly with fraud prevention and the heavily criticized callback systems that leave Illinoisans waiting by the phones for months at a time. “If somebody is still not getting their benefits, it’s still bad,” Rep. Mike Murphy, R-Springfield, said.
- Struggling Financially Due To The Pandemic? Free COVID HELP Bot Can Help You Get Legal Aidby Block Club Chicago on January 26, 2021 at 1:30 pm
The free bot was developed by attorneys to help residents struggling due to coronavirus find resources for keeping their housing, paying bills and getting unemployment benefits.
- Hundreds are seeking legal aid for eviction, unemployment and debt tied to pandemic. A new one-stop site provides free help — from friendly robot guides.by Darcel Rockett on December 8, 2020 at 9:50 pm
COVID-19 has pummeled the economy and left people financially strapped. Legal professionals have launched Illinois COVID H.E.L.P. to offer assistance.
- Successful Virtual Legal Assistant Initiative Expands To Illinoisans During COVID Crisisby CARPLS on December 1, 2020 at 11:00 am
/PRNewswire/ — Nearly half a million Illinoisans are unemployed and thousands more face an abrupt and significant loss of income after the illness or death of…