- Cook County Legal Hotline Reaches One Million Free Consultations Provided
CARPLS Legal Aid, a free legal hotline based in Cook County, including projects statewide, has reached one million consultations provided to low- and moderate-income Illinoisans.
- Some Ill. Tenants Face Rental Assistance Obstacles From Unlikely Source- Their Landlord
While an eviction ‘tsunami’ was widely forecast, emergency rental assistance dollars have played a pivotal role in calming the waters. Yet some tenants are facing obstacles when trying to apply for assistance to cover back-rent owed, obstacles coming from an unlikely source: their landlord, who they owe back-rent to.
- COVID-19 Mortgage Assistance Won’t Be Available Until Spring
Illinois has dispersed $750 million to help those who fell behind on rent during the coronavirus pandemic. Far less – so far $100 million – has gone to homeowners having trouble keeping up with their bills. And it may be months before homeowners receive funding.
- Following End to Illinois Eviction Ban, All Eyes On Financial Rental Assistance Available
This week marks a pivotal moment in the pandemic for Illinois housing providers and their tenants: A nearly 18-month state of Illinois ban on evictions has come to an end.
- Eviction Deadline Is Oct. 3 — Kane County Residents Urged To Sign Up Now For Rental Relief
As the Oct. 3, 2021 deadline approaches on the state of Illinois’ eviction moratorium, Kane County officials are encouraging tenants or landlords who need rental assistance to seek out a number of …